Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tokyo Life

Just a quick update for now, but I moved in to my apartment in Tokyo last week. It's probably about 11 x 7 feet with just enough space for one twin bed, a book shelf and mini fridge. I live in a shared house called Yotsuya Mayflower House and after some initial problems with the landlord I've finally settled in and managed to fit all my luggages into this cubby hole.

My internship at Atelier Bow Wow also started last week and I've spent two days working on a model. It's a really relaxed atmosphere and the other interns seem cool, but I think there's a divide between the interns and Japanese people that I will hopefully be able to cross. I haven't had too much interaction with Tsukamoto (the principal) either. Hopefully I'll be able to talk with him more, but he's hardly in the office.

This past weekend was spent applying for jobs mostly, cooking a little, and hanging out with other Yale Alums. The weather is really nice here, cooler and not too hot so it's nice to have my window open in my little apartment. Anywho, just wanted to let everyone know I was still alive after the end of KCJS and that my internship has begun.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm still reading your blog with great interest. Looking forward to updates. You'll have to come up with your own weekly questions, though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I know I'm in late, but I'd like to know how the Atelier Bow Wow experience was -I'm very interested in too-.Did you really learned, designed and cooperated with the studio, or they just let you make their models?
    Are they very selective on students' portfolios, or they like to have as much more students as possible?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete